These terms (“Terms”) govern any consultancy services provided by LexSolutions, a trading name of Lexernet Limited, (“LexSolutions™”). If you engage LexSolutions™, you agree to these terms. These terms indicate a general approach and may in any instance be varied by mutual agreement in writing.
Fees, Expenses and Billing
LexSolutions™ will agree with you the manner in which you preferred to be charged – eg hourly rate, day rate, project-based and/or value-based billing.
If, for any reason the project does not proceed to completion, LexSolutions™ will charge you only for any work done and expenses incurred.
LexSolutions™ will invoice you monthly or upon completion of a project if sooner. Invoices are payable within 30 days of submission. If you do not make a payment on time, LexSolutions™ may decline to act any further and the full amount of work undertaken up to that date will be due and payable, with interest calculated at the maximum rate permitted by law.
You may terminate your instructions of LexSolutions™ at any time. Any fees and expenses outstanding will become immediately due and payable. LexSolutions™ may decide to stop acting for you with reasonable notice and with good reason, for example, if you do not pay on time or if you are unable to provide clear instructions.
* When authorised by you, LexSolutions™ will liaise with nominated third party law firms on your behalf for the provision of specialist advice or additional resources.
* Please communicate any issues with the services provided as soon as the problem arises. LexSolutions™ is focused on resolving all issues to your satisfaction.
* LexSolutions™ has expertise in commercial contractual matters and can advise on the regulatory environment. However, LexSolutions™ is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice.
* LexSolutions™ does not carry out any reserved legal activities which includes: (a) the exercise of a right of audience; (b) the conduct of litigation;(c) reserved instrument activities;(d) probate activities;(e) notarial activities;(f) the administration of oaths.
* LexSolutions™ will not use or disclose to any person either during or at any time after any engagement by you any confidential information about your business or affairs or about any other matters that may come to LexSolutions™’ knowledge in the course of the engagement. For the purposes of this paragraph, “confidential information” means any information or matter which is not in the public domain and which relates to your affairs or any of your business contacts. This restriction does not apply to prevent LexSolutions™ from use or disclosure that has been authorised by you or is required by law.
* These Terms are subject to English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
* LexSolutions™’ liability is limited to £500,000. LexSolutions™ does not exclude or limit its liability for anything which the law doesn’t allow it to limit or exclude such as liability for death or personal injury due to negligence or fraud.
LONDON EC2V 6BJ
+44 7976 454 460